Whitewater Guide School 2019
A whitewater guide school is currently being developed for 2019.
Applications are via Scout training extranet (details at course list) and require approval from Vic Paddle Team - Shaun Smith.
For ex-Victoria applications please use the White Water School applications form
Dates:- It is proposed that the program will run across the first week of the 3rd term school holidays (Vic).
Currently dates are 5th - 13th October 2019
Cost:- still under review but estimated to be approx $700-800
Craft:- canoe or kayak
Where:- multiple locations across Eastern Vic\Gippsland
Accomodation:- camping - bring a tent
Gear:- TBA via course letter
- minimum Flatwater guide\instructor
- minimum of 20 logged hours of grade 2 whitewater experience in the last 3 years in the craft you wish to be certified in.
A full gear list will be provided to all participants once applications close.
If you are planning to attend please consider the following:-
- you will definitely need a full wetsuit or drysuit plus multiple changes of thermals to get through the course.
- hike tent you will be comfortable in
- all your gear needs to be able to be stored in the craft you are paddling - there is an overnight trip as part of the course
- BYO drybags, lots of small bags are better than a few big ones
- double bag your sleeping bag
- treat this as a lightweight camping exercise due to space considerations, if your gear doesn't fit in your boat you don't bring it