National White Water School
The Scouts Victoria State Paddling Team has a well established White Water program as part of its youth program. With a wide selection of rivers to choose from, participants paddling skills are developed on grade 2-3 rapids, while also being taught vital swift water rescue and trip planning skills.
Objectives and outcomes
The Scouts Victoria Paddlig Team has specialy designed the 2019 National White Water School program to instruct and assess particpants to Guide Level on Grade 2 White Water. This will happoen over an intensive 9 day period in the September Holidays.
Our objectives are to:
- Provide an opportunity for Venturers, Rovers and Leaders to be assessed in grade 2 water, in both canoe and kayak according to national paddling standards
- Provide an opportunity for Level 2 paddlers around Australia to work together and ensure standards are common in all States
- Provide an opportunity for sharing of information on programs in different States to provide continuous improvement of program delivery
- Provide a foundation of skill development that progresses the ideals of the youth program
$800 (includes craft, accomodation, catering and transport (excluding flights to/from Melbourne)
Outline of Program
- Online & assessed pre-course work
- Eskimo Rolling practice
- Swift Water Rescue Training
- Paddling technique coaching & development
- Trip planning
- Overnight Journeys
If this program interests you, Apply Here.
Applications are reviewed to ensure all participants have a solid paddling base and will have sufficient skills to self rescue in remote paddling environments. Acceptance into the course will be based on the evidence provided.
Given the logistics involved with this event, there is a minimum number of participants required for the course to proceed. Invoices will be issued when this target is reached. Payment is due within 10 days of this invoice.
If you have any queries, please conatct firstname.lastname@example.org